Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanent teamspeak channel

Hello,

From 6 sept., we will fly every thursday evening a clubflight (www.27sqn.be) on your server.

We'll use also a TS channel for talking to each other. Is it possible to create a permanent channel (ex. in FlightSim with name 27SQN) ? So our autoconnect script will always work. Now the first user has to create a channel manually every time.

Thanks.

Davy

Originally posted by djonet View Post
    Hello,

From 6 sept., we will fly every thursday evening a clubflight (www.27sqn.be) on your server.

We'll use also a TS channel for talking to each other. Is it possible to create a permanent channel (ex. in FlightSim with name 27SQN) ? So our autoconnect script will always work. Now the first user has to create a channel manually every time.

Thanks.

Davy
    The name will be created before the day is over. The Teamspeak server is accessible VIA the address of www.apollo3.com and teamspeak.apollo3.com . It'll soon be divided and the teamspeak.apollo3.com will be on a better server. So I'll advise you to start using the teamspeak.apollo3.com for the server address.

It's not currently on the permanent machine now because I'm having problems installing it on the 32 bit OS.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    ljames@apollo3.com
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

James, Thanks.

I'll change the address to teamspeak.apollo3.com.

Davy

Comment

James, Thanks.

I'll change the address to teamspeak.apollo3.com.

Davy
        You're welcome.

Oh yea. Do the same for the flight server. It should be fsd.apollo3.com instead of www.apollo3.com. The Flight server is on the permanent system. We have a notice reminding people to use the faster machine, but it's hardly every used. It's networked with the www.apollo3.com server, but the www.apollo3.com one goes in and out. The more robust server never does.

You might also suggest to your group to use the registration option to get their own CID rather than using the generic ones. This way they can review their flights with the flight logger. It doesn't work with multiple users logging on with the same CID.

Let me know if you have any problems.

-- L. James

--
        L. D. James
        ljames@apollo3.com
        www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

Hello James,

Today 3 sep from 18UTC to 20UTC we used the teamspeak server with around 8 users. Some of us experienced some problems with "broken sounds". The green light didn't stay on with it was held in.

When I tried ie. the Test channel with just 2 users, there were no problems at all ?

Any thoughts about it ? You must know we're from Belgium, so there are a lot of netwerk hops to pass when reaching your server.

Davy

Comment

Hello James,

Today 3 sep from 18UTC to 20UTC we used the teamspeak server with around 8 users. Some of us experienced some problems with "broken sounds". The green light didn't stay on with it was held in.

When I tried ie. the Test channel with just 2 users, there were no problems at all ?

Any thoughts about it ? You must know we're from Belgium, so there are a lot of netwerk hops to pass when reaching your server.

Davy
            I'll check on it. I notice that your users were using the www.apollo3.com server connection rather than the fsd.apollo3.com server for the flights. It would probably be an enhancement if they would use the fsd.apollo3.com address for their fsd connection. Give it a try and tell me if that helps to relieve some of the problems with the TS server, which I'm having problems moving because of the 64 bit issue.

-- L. James

--
            L. D. James
            ljames@apollo3.com
            www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

Hi, Davy. The TS Server on the other machine (teamspeak.apollo3.com) is up and running. Let me know of the stability.

The www.apollo3.com and teamspeak.apollo3.com servers are not networked. So, as I mentioned before, for a better connection and consistency, use the teamspeak.apollo3.com server.

-- L. James

--
              L. D. James
              ljames@apollo3.com
              www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

James,

Yesterday the quality of teamspeak conversatons it was must better, thanks !

From next week, normally all pilots will use fsd.apollo3.com with FSINn. I distributed the new INI-file, and I hope they succeed installing it well

Davy

Comment

James,

Yesterday the quality of teamspeak conversatons it was must better, thanks !

From next week, normally all pilots will use fsd.apollo3.com with FSINn. I distributed the new INI-file, and I hope they succeed installing it well

Davy
                  Hi, Davy. I notice from the logs that most of your pilots (the BTO### connections) are using the www.apollo3.com server which has serious performance issues and lots of disconnects. If they would use the fsd.apollo3.com server the performance would be extremely high with no disconnects.

Also the high performance teamspeak server I setup ( teamspeak.apollo3.com ) is a ghost town, while the low performance www.apollo3.com with lots of down time is often fairly populated.

Your group is welcome to use either, but would have fewer problems if you use the high performance servers.

I even have notice messages to that effect when they log on to the servers.

You might also consider suggesting that they register a CID for logging purposes. It might be a convenience that you can appreciate. Look at the http://flightsim.apollo3.com/fsdbase...md=recentusers utility. They are all logged in under the same ID which doesn’t provide a log of their connections.

-- L. James

--
                  L. D. James
                  ljames@apollo3.com
                  www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

Permanent TeamSpeak Channel

Sorry about cross-over in the other thread, (VID Mixup), - I think I'm in the correct thread now.

I fly with the Coffs Flight Simmers; and once we get everyone configured for Apollo, we will probably be flying most Monday & Thursday evenings, (Australian Eastern Time).
                    Rather than clog up the default channel, or create a channel each time we connect, would it be possible to have a permanent channel on the TeamSpeak server, named "Coffs Harbour Group" ?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Ian Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BAA400 View Post
                      Sorry about cross-over in the other thread, (VID Mixup), - I think I'm in the correct thread now.

I fly with the Coffs Flight Simmers; and once we get everyone configured for Apollo, we will probably be flying most Monday & Thursday evenings, (Australian Eastern Time).
                      Rather than clog up the default channel, or create a channel each time we connect, would it be possible to have a permanent channel on the TeamSpeak server, named "Coffs Harbour Group" ?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Ian Williams
                      Sure thing. It's done.

Enjoy!

-- L. James

--
                      L. D. James
                      ljames@apollo3.com
                      www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

teamspeak://teamspeak.apollo3.com

Comment