Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSInn reset during flight.

Hi James,'
    It's been a while that i've been here (done a lot of things but not flying). Anyway the server is still up in the air for my flight group but I recently get complaints about being disconnected after about 10-15min flying so they reverted to a win$ server of another member of the group.
    Since I wasn't flying myself I haven't had time to test it untill yesterday and today.
    I indeed notice the problems my self, both internal and external from the network (I wanted to be sure it was not a ISP problem. When login in FSinn connects without problems to the server (with fsinn.lecakyme.nl and Internal IP). IN both cases after indeed about 10-15min FSInn gets disconnected (the login name goes red) with the message "---FSIUCE_WSAECONNABORTED ---".

I've been trying to read through some forum messages on vatsim but can't really find a sulotion other than that it looks like some kind of network reset.

As you know I use ubuntu for the server so perhaps the problem is in there, otherwise it might still be a FSD problem.

When I look on the server FSD is still runing and after about 15min I can login again, but the problem comes back.

Any change you've seen this before? I Know I have had problems in the past but they were resolved I Think.
    Lex

PS: I tested with FS9/FSinn on the windows pc

I haven't had any other idea than to just recompile the server.
    I'll let you know the results.
    Lex

Comment

Alas, no result.
      A test gave again after about 15/20min a beep that the connection was lost with the FSD server. No idea what could be wrong though. I'm thinkin more in hardware mode now than in the server. But it happens both from the internet and from my internal FS computers. So it's either the router in between (fiber optics router=>network router=>server and computers) or perhaps the hardware (network card?) in the linux server. I personally do not think the fiberobtics and network router because also the tv signal is going through them and I have no glitches in there as far as I can tell (for instance when recording you would expect it to stop then). So this leaves me with the network server and then network card

Any ideas how to test this part? Would there be another way to open a connection that is constant (ftp??) that would show a reset if something is going wrong with the card. Now this is perhaps more for a linux forum but the problem came up with FSD hence me asking here.
      Lex

Comment

Of course i will try to find something myself as well.
        A quick first search gave me "ethtool" as option

Code:
        ubuntu:~$ sudo ethtool -S eth1
        NIC statistics:
             tx_packets: 381562
             rx_packets: 1485575
             tx_errors: 0
             rx_errors: 0
             rx_missed: 0
             align_errors: 0
             tx_single_collisions: 0
             tx_multi_collisions: 0
             unicast: 390538
             broadcast: 225371
             multicast: 869666
             tx_aborted: 0
             tx_underrun: 0
        lex@ubuntu:~$
        Unfortunately it does not give me what I was hoping (colissions for example.
        But it's a start.
        I'll try and do this test a few times the coming days hoping it stays the same.
        Lex

Comment

Originally posted by the whaler View Post
          Hi James,'
          It's been a while that i've been here (done a lot of things but not flying). Anyway the server is still up in the air for my flight group but I recently get complaints about being disconnected after about 10-15min flying so they reverted to a win$ server of another member of the group.
          Since I wasn't flying myself I haven't had time to test it untill yesterday and today.
          I indeed notice the problems my self, both internal and external from the network (I wanted to be sure it was not a ISP problem. When login in FSinn connects without problems to the server (with fsinn.lecakyme.nl and Internal IP). IN both cases after indeed about 10-15min FSInn gets disconnected (the login name goes red) with the message "---FSIUCE_WSAECONNABORTED ---".

I've been trying to read through some forum messages on vatsim but can't really find a sulotion other than that it looks like some kind of network reset.

As you know I use ubuntu for the server so perhaps the problem is in there, otherwise it might still be a FSD problem.

When I look on the server FSD is still runing and after about 15min I can login again, but the problem comes back.

Any change you've seen this before? I Know I have had problems in the past but they were resolved I Think.
          Lex

PS: I tested with FS9/FSinn on the windows pc
          I'll research and see what I can come up with.

-- L. James

--
          L. D. James
          ljames@apollo3.com
          www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

Hi James,
            Been on holiday (and still have a week to go so just 1 day at home).
            Thanks in advance for checking my server.
            Hope you can find something.
            Lex

Comment

Hi James (and others who are reading).
              Finally something in the log files I hope you can work with.

I haven't been flying for quit some time but today decided that is what time to resume my investigation on the server problems.

Started a flight this morning (fs9) and logged in via fsinn to the fsd server on my ubuntu.

After about 4 hours continues flying and me being away for some time as well I noticed I was disconnected again.

This is what the log file shows
              Code:
              07-09-113 09:26:55 DACMERE: Connection accepted from 192.168.2.5 on client interface
              07-09-113 10:10:05 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
              07-09-113 10:13:58 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
              07-09-113 11:10:06 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
              07-09-113 11:14:27 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
              07-09-113 11:59:22 DACMERE: client from 192.168.2.5 removed from client interface:socket stalled
              07-09-113 12:10:08 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
              07-09-113 12:13:37 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
              07-09-113 13:10:05 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
              07-09-113 13:13:04 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
              07-09-113 14:08:09 DACMERE: Connection accepted from 192.168.2.5 on client interface
              I noted the "socket stalled". I've got no idea what socket is meant but it's at least a start.

You got a clue as to where I need to look for perhaps a log file on the sockets of the server James?

Thanks in advance.
              Lex

Comment

Hi James,
                At the time I thought there were no error messages but I found this thread with the same message.

Things have been ok since then but of course last months nog.
                http://forum.apollo3.com/showthread.php?t=378

Lex

Comment

Hi James,
                  I was nog at my pc still doing testing on these logouts when I indeed was knowcked out again. I tried to login to my server but got above "Callsign is already in use".
                  This is strange but it means that dispite the fact I got knocked out the server thinks I'm still there. I guess that will take about 10minutes and then I should be able to login again.
                  And yes after about 10minutus, I get back in.
                  Lex
                  http://lecakyme.nl/fotos/Naamloos.jpg
                  Last edited by the whaler; 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the whaler View Post
                    Hi James (and others who are reading).
                    Finally something in the log files I hope you can work with.

I haven't been flying for quit some time but today decided that is what time to resume my investigation on the server problems.

Started a flight this morning (fs9) and logged in via fsinn to the fsd server on my ubuntu.

After about 4 hours continues flying and me being away for some time as well I noticed I was disconnected again.

This is what the log file shows
                    Code:
                    07-09-113 09:26:55 DACMERE: Connection accepted from 192.168.2.5 on client interface
                    07-09-113 10:10:05 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
                    07-09-113 10:13:58 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
                    07-09-113 11:10:06 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
                    07-09-113 11:14:27 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
                    07-09-113 11:59:22 DACMERE: client from 192.168.2.5 removed from client interface:socket stalled
                    07-09-113 12:10:08 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
                    07-09-113 12:13:37 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
                    07-09-113 13:10:05 DACMERE: METAR: Starting download of METAR data
                    07-09-113 13:13:04 DACMERE: METAR: Installed new METAR data.
                    07-09-113 14:08:09 DACMERE: Connection accepted from 192.168.2.5 on client interface
                    I noted the "socket stalled". I've got no idea what socket is meant but it's at least a start.

You got a clue as to where I need to look for perhaps a log file on the sockets of the server James?

Thanks in advance.
                    Lex
                    The server will lockup when it has problems downloading the weather data. I'll be working on a resolution that will prevent this from happening.

-- L. James

--
                    L. D. James
                    ljames@apollo3.com
                    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Comment

Thanks James.
                      Great news your still working on the code
                      Lex

Comment

hello if exist any new versions ?

any news about new version ?

Regards,
                        Evgeny
                        Last edited by evgenyfr; 06-04-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X